- Coimbra has a public bus service and this is the least expensive means to move around the city.
You may buy in advance a ten-journey ticket in automatic machines and in most kiosks.
- The railway station Coimbra-B is situated slightly outside the city and therefore, a regular link is maintained with the small Coimbra-A station in the city centre.
GOOD TO KNOW
- The Tourist Office is located downtown in Largo da Portagem. There is another one across the street from
Department of Mathematics. There you can get the Agenda Cultural de Coimbra, informing you on Cultural events
and containing a list of useful addresses and institutions.
- Most restaurants and bars are open until 12PM. Pubs usually close at 2AM. Lunchtime usually goes from 12PM to 3PM and dinnertime ranges between 7PM and 10PM
- Banks are open 8.30AM through 3PM, Monday through Friday.
- Exchange rates