Entry list of the Tap-Rally de Portugal 1997
4 wheel drive cars
- the 3 manufacturers that participate in the 97's WRC, will be here
with 2 cars each:
- Subaru: Colin McRae and Kenneth Eriksson
- Ford: Carlos Sainz and Armin Schwarz
- Mitsubishi: Tommi Makinen and Richard Burns
- Toyota will bring their new official driver "Fast Freddy" (Loix).
- Rui Madeira
(1995's group N World Champion and recent winner of the
Thailand Rally ) will be driving a
Subaru of their "pay-to-drive" team ("Subaru Allstars").
- Fernando Peres (3 times Portuguese champion) will drive his usual
- Frederic Dor (6th on the 1997's Safari) will drive a Subaru Impreza.
- The official Seat team will enter 2 Seat Ibiza GTI 16V for
Ermin Weber and Harri Rovanpera.
- The official Skoda team will enter 2 Skoda Felicia Kit-Car for
Emil Treiner and Pavel Sibera.
- The official Peugeot Portuguese team will enter one 306 Maxi for
- The official Renault Portuguese team will enter two Megane Maxi for
Carlos Macedo and Pedro Azeredo.
- Pierre Colard (which has had some success in the French gravel
rally championship and the Andros trophee) will drive a Peugeot 306 Maxi.
Usually many Portuguese drivers can only find sponsors for this rally.
But this year José Miguel, Bica, etc... will not enter.
back to the 97 Portuguese Rally page.