The Sixteenth Workshop on Numerical Ranges and Numerical Radii (WONRA 2022)
June 12-15, 2022
Hotel Termas da Curia, Portugal
The purpose of the workshop is to stimulate research and foster interaction between researchers interested in the subject. The informal workshop atmosphere will facilitate the exchange of ideas from different scientific areas and, hopefully, the participants will be informed on the latest developments and new ideas. Background on the subject and on previous meetings may be found at the WONRA website, and also at the for the history of the workshop and related meetings.
· International Linear Algebra Society (ILAS)
· CMUC - Centre for Mathematics, University of Coimbra
Natália Bebiano (CMUC, University of Coimbra, Portugal)
Graça Soares (CMAT-UTAD, University of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, Portugal)
Rute Lemos (CIDMA, University of Aveiro, Portugal)
Ana Nata (CMUC, Polytechnic Institute of Tomar, Portugal)
is a 14-hectare property, with beautiful and dense woods, crossed by wide avenues and paths, with an artificial lake with about 1 Km perimeter. Framed by the green landscapes of Curia Park, the hotel offers its customers unique relaxing experience and is devoted to health, wellness and spa. In the park, an island in the middle of the lake is connected to the banks by a circuit of typical bridges. A tennis court, a multipurpose field and a playground are available. The golf course of Curia is located at a distance of 800 meters.
Hotel Termas da Curia is in the center of Portugal, in the region of Bairrada. It is distant only 108 km from Porto and 230 km from Lisbon. See for details.
Curia is a beautiful place with dominant features such as water, flowers and trees that fill parks and avenues. Located in the interior of Portugal, in the heart of the Bairrada wine region, and born as a result of the properties of its waters, discovered by the Romans during their occupation of the Iberian Peninsula. Therefore, in Curia you can find the famous spa with the same name of the village.
Curia proposes you an awakening to the true senses of life:
· go back in time to the nostalgic golden 20's and enjoy the "Belle Époque" and "Art Nouveu" architecture;
· enjoy the gigantic trees, pure scented air, go for a walk in the beautiful gardens and leafy park of the Spa;
· set for a walk through the picturesque vineyard paths.
Schedule and events
To be announced.
2 May, 2022
Abstract acceptance notification
30 May, 2022
Registration and further information
To register, please send an email to with name and affiliation.
To give a talk, submit an abstract to with subject CONTRIBUTED TALK – WONRA 2022 using the following template.
· For any additional information, please contact us.
Registration fee (covering welcome reception, admission to all sessions, conference material, coffee breaks and conference dinner).
· Non students:
· 100€ (Before April 30, 2022)
· 120€ (After April 30,2022)
· Information about payment will be available soon.
· Students – free for students that present a talk. A confirmation of student status is needed and has to be sent together with the abstract submission by email to
You must pay your registration fee using the University of Coimbra online platform. Some more details will be available during the month of March.
Anadia, Centro Tamengos
Ph.: +351 231 519 800
Coordinates: Latitude – N 40º25,68336; Longitude – W -8º27,73566
Depending on the type of rooms the following daily prices apply:
· Single room basis: 47€
· Double room basis: 57€
This prices include room occupancy and breakfast.
For information about the booking and payment please send an email to with subject WONRA 2022.
Useful telephone numbers
- Railways: +351 808 208 208
- Tourism office in Curia: +351 231 512 248
- Police: +351 239 827 766
- SOS: 112
List of participants
· Chi-Kwong Li, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
· Graça Soares, CMAT-UTAD, University of Trás os Montes e Alto Douro, Portugal
· Rute Lemos, CIDMA, University of Aveiro, Portugal
· Ana Nata, CMUC, Polytechnic Institute of Tomar, Portugal
To be announced.
Will be available later.
Will be available later.
Will be available later.
- – Kawagoe, Japan
- – Munich, Germany
- – Taipei, Taiwan
- – Sanya, China
- – Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- – Krakow, Poland
- – Williamsburg, VA, USA
- – Bremen, Germany
- – Coimbra, Portugal
- WONRA 2002 – Auburn, AL, USA
- WONRA 2000 – Nafplio, Greece
- WONRA 1998 – Madison, WI, USA
- WONRA 1996 – Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
- WONRA 1994 – Coimbra, Portugal
- WONRA 1992 – Williamsburg, VA, USA
First part of the travel: take a train to Coimbra ('Coimbra B' railway station) on the main line (Lisboa - Porto).
· From Lisbon Airport (LIS), Aeroporto da Portela you can reach Coimbra by train from Oriente railway station. From the airport you get the subway to Oriente railway station (see information below), or go by taxi or bus.
· From Porto Airport (OPO), Aeroporto Sá Carneiro you reach Coimbra by train from Porto - Campanhã railway station. From the airport you get the subway to Porto - Campanhã railway station (see information below) or go by taxi.
For times tables, prices and more information about:
· in Lisbon
· Take the Red Line starting at the airport (Aeroporto subway station) until Oriente subway station (6 mins, 3 stops: Aeroporto -> Encarnação -> Moscavide-> Oriente) Single ticket: 1.50€. Then walk (0.1 km, 2 mins) to Oriente railway station (see information about railway station below).
· in Porto:
· Take the Line E starting at the airport (Aeroporto subway station) until Trindade subway station (30 mins, 15 stops: Aeroporto -> Botica -> Verdes -> Crestins -> Esposade -> Custóias -> Fonte do Cuco -> Senhora da Hora -> Sete Bicas -> Via Rápida -> Ramalde -> Francos -> Casa da Música -> Carolina Michaelis -> Lapa -> Trindade). Then take the Line A or Line B starting at the Trindade subway station until Campanhã subway station (5 mins, 4 stops: Trindade -> Bolhão -> Campo 24 Agosto -> Heroísmo -> Campanhã). Important, buy single regular tickets with reference Andante Azul and zone Z4 for this two subway travels (2€). Then walk (0.3 km, 3 mins) to Campanhã railway station (see information about railway station below).
· (from Lisbon or Porto)
· Types of trains
- Alfa Pendular: almost direct without stops (fast).
- Intercidades: only stops in major train stations
- Interegional: fewer stops than the Regional train
- Regional: with stops in almost every station (slow)
Second part of the travel: from Coimbra take:
· train until :
· Types of trains:
· Regional (30 mins, 2.65€) – only one train (recommended)
· Intercidades + Reginal (49 mins, 13.65€) – two trains (not recommended)
· Address: Largo da Estação, 3780-545, Curia
· Coordinates: 40.4245907|-8.4564271
· or taxi until Hotel Termas da Curia:
· The distance is approximately 24 km and the price is about 30€.
· Coimbra taxi center phone number: +351 239 499 090
· From Oporto: take exit No. 14 of the A1 motor-way towards Cantanhede / Mealhada to take the route via N234 (Distance: 96,2 Km).
· From Lisbon: take exit No. 14 of the A1 motor-way towards Cantanhede / Mealhada to take the route via N234 (Distance: 228 Km).
See you in Curia next June!
Last update: October 02, 2021